"Angel Kanchev" University of Ruse is an autonomous state higher school. It was transformed with a Decision of the People's Assembly of 21 June 1995 and is a successor of the higher technical school, established in Ruse on 12.11.1945. There are eight faculties in the structure of the University: Agrarian and Industrial Faculty, Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering Electronics and Automation, Faculty of Transport, Faculty of Business and Management, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Education, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Public Health and Healthcare, two Branches of Ruse University in Silistra and Razgrad and a Bulgarian and Romanian Inter-university Europa Centre.
The University of Ruse is called to disseminate knowledge, to carry out fundamental and applied research and to implement innovations in practice, which aids the formation of highly qualified specialists for the sustainable development of the region and the country.
The mission of the University is based on the experience it has accumulated during its long existence, which justifies the significant place it has taken in the family of higher institutions in Bulgaria. As evidence can be listed.
- the striving for high quality education and research;
- the achievements in developing theoretical knowledge and its application;
- continuous improvement and development, using personal, national and international experience;
- the intent to maintain close contact with other higher schools and the inclusion in the international educational and research structures ;
- the traditional relations of the University with the cultural, educational, artistic and other institutions in Ruse and in Bulgaria.
The University aims at fulfilling its mission and main objectives by keeping to the timeless universal values such as:
- liberal spirit and atmosphere;
- respect to the individual and his/her opinion;
- a sense of belonging to the academic community;
- opportunities for manifestation of personal traits, initiatives and merits of each individual;
- conditions for realization of additional personal and professional interests.
The main goal of "Angel Kanchev" University of Ruse is its development and recognition as a significant regional and national educational and research institution, as well as its becoming an indelible part of the European education and research space.
The strategic priorities of the University are as follows:
- preparation of students for work in the conditions of strong competition on the labour market and expanding the scope of training;
- development of the intra-university system for quality control in education;
- development of the staff and research potential;
- implementation of a set of activities in the field of European integration and international relations;
- building up of a well-organised university system, flexible with respect to the external conditions, with modern facilities and information database.
Around 10 000 students and doctoral degree students study in state-of-the-art study halls and research laboratories, spread on 67 490 sq m (of which over 13 000 sq m in the newly built school building -2, officially opened in 2010. The teaching staff consists of 480 highly qualified full-time lecturers, of whom 41 professors, 171 associate professors and 282 PhD lecturers. A great number of renowned specialists in different spheres of knowledge also teach part-time at the University. Student residences, a renovated student canteen and facilities for sport and leisure are provided for all students willing to use them.
Teams from "Angel Kanchev" University of Ruse participate in over 100 multi-lateral and bi-lateral agreements in the field of science and education within the frames of about 23 international programmes for cooperation with partners from over 25 countries. The annual mobility of students and doctoral students has reached 130 while the mobility of lecturers and scientists exceeds 300.
In 2006 "Angel Kanchev" University of Ruse was accredited by NAEA with the highest grade. There are 18 professional fields which have been granted programme accreditation in the following areas of higher education: Educational Studies; Social, Economic and Law studies; Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Informatics; Technical Studies; Healthcare and Sports.
PLAN OF THE UNIVERSITY OF RUSE